A popular flooring out there is called Marmoleum. Have you heard of it?
Marmoleum is touted as a “green” flooring, meaning it is an environmentally conscious choice for many residential homes.
The adhesive upon installation is solvent free and there is also a “clickable” type of Marmoleum that uses no adhesive.
Some other benefits, according to popular home improvement website dengarden, include:
- Estimated life of Marmoleum with normal use is 50 years
- 100 percent biodegradeable
- Anti-static – therefore, easier to clean because not as much grime sticks to it
- Made of natural materials – no gaseous output of chemicals
Dengarden also indicates a few disadvantages:
- Dents easily – so be sure to put furniture foot pads on table legs and chairs
- Could stain – be sure it is properly installed and finished as well as cleaned properly
- Must maintain a proper seal on the floor – discuss with your retailer exactly what this entails
As always, feel free to contact Cincinnati Maintenance should you have any questions about your home’s flooring and maintenance needs.